Christmas Tree Balsam
The Balsam Fir's shining dark green color and spicy fragrance have made it a favorite Christmas tree choice for hundreds of years! Besides being a lovely addition to your holiday decor, here's a few fun facts about the Balsam Fir.
- Features lustrous dark green needles ⅝–1" in length with 2 white or gray stomatic bands on the underside. The tips are blunt, rounded or notched.
- Yields cones 2–4" in length that start out dark purple, turning gray-brown and resinous at maturity. Once the seeds are ripe, the scales fall off, leaving only the central axis of the cone. Seed crops occur at 2–4 year intervals.
- Has a narrow, symmetrical, spire-shaped, dense crown.
- Develops blisters of oily resin (balsam) along the trunk.
- Grows in a pyramidal shape.
- Does best in colder climates.
Come to Christmas Trees Chicago at 1813 W Montrose to pick out the perfect tree for Christmas or place your order online if you'd prefer delivery.
Please don't hesitate to give us a call with any questions/concerns!
We Also Recommend